It is possible to revent mold and mildew in the building products you purchase! Construction products protected by the AEGIS Microbe Shield® antimicrobial technology are durable and effective against the growth of mold. From composite decking and OSB to drywall and carpeting, it actually provides a permanent barrier to mold growth and remains in place as long as the surface remains intact. Ask for it by name!
Mold and Mildew Solutions for Construction Products
Demand for mold-resistant building products is growing at a dramatic rate as Homebuyer concerns about mold and mildew in new construction continue to increase. Every element of the construction process offers opportunity for microbial growth. Warm temperatures, moisture and an adequate food source provide the perfect environment for mold to thrive. Unless protected, damp structures will be attacked by fungus (mold) and as the microbes develop, they spread through walls and over interior surfaces. If mold and mildew are not controlled in the construction process, they can cause significant problems for both the structure and its occupants. Microbes not only cause direct product damage, but they are also been associated with human problems such as allergic disorders.
The AEGIS Microbe Shield technology remains permanently affixed to the surface to which it is applied. This organofunctional silane technology is not consumed by the microorganism and does not poison the microorganism, but works as a physical control. Proper application of the AEGIS technology can easily benefit building products in the following ways:
- Composite decking and OSB treated with the AEGIS Microbe Shield technology will withstand bacteria and fungal growth and have added protection against staining and moisture damage.
- Roofing tiles treated with the AEGIS Microbe Shield technology significantly control algal and fungal growth.
- Dimensional lumber, treated with the AEGIS Microbe Shield technology, is protected from mold and mildew growth during shipment and use.
- Ceiling tiles treated with the AEGIS Microbe Shield technology have durable, long lasting protection against mold and mildew.
- Carpet treated with the AEGIS Microbe Shield technology reduces microbial contamination in the indoor environment.
Learn how you can benefit our from our AEGIS Market Support Program for your products.